Sunday, July 31, 2005

Memphis' "Say 'ello to my little friend"

Hustle & Flow lives up to the Sundance hype.

The film's to-come success will be due in great part to Terrence Dashon Howard's performance as pimp-turned-rapper, DJay. His imitation-worthy cadence is up there with Al Pacino's Tony Montana and Billy Bob Thorton's Karl Childers.

There's also a great scene where the track "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" comes together. Oddly enough, it's reminiscent of the similar scene of the "Someday I Will Treat You Good"** recording in the film, Laurel Canyon. In both movies, the actors laid down their own vocals.

**Give credit where credit's due, this is the original Sparklehorse version.

4 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

triplej, i noticed on this and the uncle T track, that both are password protected MP4 tracks that require a password to access. Just a heads up.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger TripleJ said...

Funny ... it's working for me. Will work on it.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Bud Wiser said...

Great page! Excellent points! Hope I can get away from my phone ringtone long enough to come back again! Keep up the great work!
phone ringtone

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker