Sunday, August 28, 2005

New York Times: Sunday Edition

Things I learned in today's paper:
  • In April, MySpace passed Google in pageviews.
  • The self-help video for The Sun's "Romantic Sun" was inspired by beautifulagony.com. The footage for the video was taken straight from the site.
  • Bruce Springsteen's song, "Racing the Street," includes the following lyrics: "I got a '69 Chevy with a 396/Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor." Apparently, that lyric is factually inaccurate. A big block, which is what a 396 is, cannot have fuelie heads.
  • Google will not speak to any reporter from CNET for one year. This is because of an article published by CNET which included all the information that could be found in 30 minutes on Google about Google's CEO.
  • The Book Review contained exactly one ad for a service. It was this: Sensitive Editor ... 20 years experience ... Fiction, non-fiction ... Reasonable rates ... MELODY LAWRENCE LITERARY SVCS ... 212-673-3936.
  • The largest cross-country running event in the world takes place this year on Sept. 23-25 in Lidingo, Sweden. Thirty-thousand people will participate.
  • Alex Cox, director of the brilliant Sid and Nancy movie, was fired from directorial duties for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hunter S. Thompson said it was because Cox wanted to turn one of his finest works into a cinematic joke. Terry Gilliam was later brought in to direct.

6 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger jsbankston said...

Do you read the entireNYT every Sunday? I don't think I've read read every bit of a day's paper in my life.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger princessmalin said...

About Google: just goes to show that having principles sucks.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Get-A-Free-House said...

How would you like to own a custom-built house at a 42% to 100% discount? Find out how today by visiting Get-A-Free-House.com

 
At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I also run a site about online colleges and universities. We have programs for all kinds of career paths including
forensic expert

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger cyberbet said...

I still think google and yahoo are the best search engines. Directories like Dmoz and Search are horrible for running searches. I have never met anyone that would use a directory over a search engine.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker