Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mrs. Brownstone

In 1991, The La's recorded their first and only album. There was one hit on the album. It was called, "There She Goes."

There she goes
There she goes again
Pulsing through my veins

And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

You've probably heard this song. Maybe from the hit made of it by Texas-housed/Christian-driven band, Sixpence None The Richer. Or from various uses, most recently as the theme of an SNL parody for a got-lucky-and-got-lucky-again-and-again-and-fortunately-again woman.

Funny thing, the song was originally written about another woman. A heroine ... but without the last 'e.'

"There She Goes" - The La's

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger cgpop said...

Great tune, I also think it was used in the Mike Myers film, So I Married an Axe Murderer, I think.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger tj1972 said...

cgpop, thanks for answering that question for me. I knew it reminded me of a movie I had seen several times, but just couldn't place it.

Had no clue this upbeat song was about drugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker