Sunday, September 04, 2005

My block: 24 hours

"You Can Go Home Again"

This is a look at 24 hours on my block. The above is 3:18am. I love that hookers and surfers coexist around the same bend. I love that Dennis Hopper lives two blocks over and 'Joe Millionaire' lives 12. I love that Charles and Rosa make up my days. Enjoy the grit and the beauty.

12am: "Hey Baby Que Paso"

1am: "Got Next?"

2am: "Get Lit"

3am: "Backstage"

4am: "So Tired"

5am: "My Own Private 5am"

6am: "Old Venice"

7am: "Clean Up On Street 7"

8am: "Ok, Already!! ... I'm Leaving"

9am: "Carted Off"

10am: "Two Roads Diverged ... "

11am: "Ah, Ain't That Pretty"

12pm: "Not the Sound of Silence"

1pm: "Charles in Charge"; "Framed"; "Out of Business"; "It Pays to Recycle"

2pm: "A Tale of Two Signs"

3pm: "Bark at the Moon ... The Mailman ... My Dog ... Hookers ... His Tail ... "

4pm: "Block Party"

5pm: "Permission to Take Lincoln?"

6pm: "Money Shot II"

7pm: "Rush Hour"; "There Blues the Neighborhood"

8pm: "Money Shot"

9pm: "Wired"

10pm: "Red Door"

11pm: "Money Shot III"

5 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Great series. Just went thru them all.

ps - may wanna switch to haloscan for comments to avoid all this spam.

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous David McCollar said...

Hey TripleJ, sorry I ruined your life.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger jsbankston said...

Makes me wanna do my own photography series.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger CHW said...

Excellent post.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger princessmalin said...

nice. as i went through the photos, kept wondering how the featured peeps or house/vehicle/shopping cart owners would label those same photographs? what we see vs what they see / the fascinating voyeuristic take vs the real-life-this-is-what-i-do caption. intriguing, for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker