Saturday, October 15, 2005

Audioscrobbler

I have mentioned this on my own blog in the past, but wanted to take this opportunity to again pimp the Audioscrobbler site. Here is what I said in September:

"I read about Audioscrobbler a few months ago, but didn't jump on board until last week. For those of you not familiar, Audioscrobbler is a free service that links to your preferred computer listening device (iTunes,WinAmp, etc). Every time you listen to a song it catalogs it and after awhile begins to list other members with similar tastes, etc. I'm really digging on this...check it out HERE...Here is my Audioscrobbler info -- add me to your profile if you sign up."

So that was about a month ago that I began using the service. The thing I love about it is that you can go back and see what tunes/artists/genres you are listening to the most (on your computer anyway.) I am curious to see what becomes of this site in the next few years. It could be a real goldmine for labels to get a feel for what the public is really listening to, not just purchasing. One to keep your eye on for sure.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger cgpop said...

Hopefully I'll be back audioscrobbling this week.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

yeah, CG, the group you started is suffereing w/out your leadership

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Martin McFriend said...

LSHISMB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker